Resources page

List of SEN Schools and Resource Bases in Oxfordshire

Available Discount Cards (see below for details)

Max Card

The Max Card is a discount card for families who have children with additional needs.

Families simply show their Max Card upon entry to a venue in order to obtain free or discounted admission.

It is designed to help families save money on great days out at different attractions.

The Max Card is FREE to families in Oxfordshire and has been funded by Oxfordshire County Council working in partnership with Action for Carers Oxfordshire.

To register for a card please contact

Michelle Evans at Action for Carers Oxon

CEA Card

The CEA card is a national card scheme developed for UK cinemas by the UK Cinema Association (UKCA)

The Card enables a disabled cinema guest to receive a complimentary ticket for someone to go with them when they visit a participating cinema.

The cardholder should be in receipt of

Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Attendance Allowance (AA)

Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP) Or hold

Severely Sight Impaired Registration (formerly Registered Blind)

Sight Impaired Registration (formerly Partially Sighted)

It costs £6 per year to sign up and you can do this via

Disabled Persons Railcard

The Disabled Persons Railcard is for people with a disability that makes travelling by train difficult. You will qualify if you:

Receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP)

Receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either

The higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or The higher or middle rate for the care component.

Have a visual impairment.

Have a hearing impairment.

Have epilepsy.

Receive Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance Receive War Pensioners Mobility Supplement.

Receive War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability.

Buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme.

You can sign up for this via

Carers Merlin Annual Pass

Should a disabled Merlin Annual Passholder require assistance on their visits to our attractions they will issue one complimentary pass per disabled Passholder to be used by any carer-this is transferable between carers. The carer pass is issued to the disabled guest and carers passes will have the name, date of birth and a photo of the disabled guest on it.

To obtain a complimentary carer pass a Merlin Annual Pass will need to be purchased in the usual way, either online or at a local attraction. The complimentary carer pass will then be issued when you visit your chosen attraction.

You can apply for a Merlin Annual Pass via

Merlins Magic Wand

This is a one-off opportunity for immediate family (parents, guardians and siblings) to get complimentary tickets to a Merlin attraction for entry for one day.

You can apply via